free website stats program ... bike, still not ready | Harley Davidson Forums

... bike, still not ready

gator508

Experienced Member
Went to MBHD on Friday to peak at my bike to see how repairs were going. Sofar, new handlebars, levers, grips, mirrors, right hand side pegs, and saddlebag. New forks and a really cool looking cast HD Cyclone wheel have been put on, but still waiting on the front fender and tank, they said this takes awhile because of the color, black pearl metal flake. I hope I get it back before it gets too hot and the nice riding weather is gone.

The grips, Kuryakyn iso-grips were replaced, but they added the throttle boss. I didn't have this on before. The parts guy told me I would really like it for the long haul. Any opinions on this, how do you guys like it. Thanks!

The throttle boss will be a big plus IMO, patience with the sheet metal, I waited 16 weeks when my Bob got wrecked:s

The grips, Kuryakyn iso-grips were replaced, but they added the throttle boss. I didn't have this on before. The parts guy told me I would really like it for the long haul. Any opinions on this, how do you guys like it. Thanks!

I've got the throttle boss on my Iso grips, and I love it. On long rides you just rest your palm on it and it gives your hand a break. My right hand would sometimes go tingly on long rides, but now I can relax it and it's much more enjoyable. You'll really like it.

Don't feel bad Russ, still waiting on my parts also. I guess they don't make inner primary's but once a year..:p

It's surprising how something as small as the throttle boss is can be so effective. It took me a few rides to get it just where I wanted it. It sure would be nice if they could make it "instantly" adjustable instead of with those tiny allen screws.

Gator, glad to hear your body and mind are doing better and you want to get back in the saddle. Now if your dealer could get your bike back together, you'd be set.
John

The throttle boss will be a big plus IMO, patience with the sheet metal, I waited 16 weeks when my Bob got wrecked:s

Jack, they said 10-12 weeks for repairs, so I guess things are on track, it's been since Mar 2nd., but the weather is fantastic!

Gator, glad to hear your body and mind are doing better and you want to get back in the saddle. Now if your dealer could get your bike back together, you'd be set.
John

John,
Thanks man, I'm just going a little stir crazy, I hear and see all the bikes out and.. "I just wanna ride man"

Breeze,
I didn't realize the "boss" was adjustable, when I get my bike back I'll have to figure it out. Thanks for your input, cheers!!

Back