free website stats program Bike Stands | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Stands

DDogg

Can anyone recommmend a good bike stand for a 2008 Fat Bob. I need it for winter storage but also want a sturdy enough one so I can do my own repairs with both wheels off the ground.

Sounds like you just want a jack. Sear Yellow Professional Motorcycle jack seems to be the most common one used by everyone here.

I think DDogg is talking about the dollies that are three sided and you jack the bike up, then slide the dolly under it for storage, it has casters on it to roll the bike around.
I've been thinking about this and can't remember the name of them.

Us guys here in Florida wonder why the need to store your bike. I can understand getting a stand to jack the bike up on to do some work on the bike but why store it? Going out of town for a long time? We have heard rumors that you folks up north do "down time". What ever that is. Fossil:p

Us guys here in Florida wonder why the need to store your bike. I can understand getting a stand to jack the bike up on to do some work on the bike but why store it? Going out of town for a long time? We have heard rumors that you folks up north do "down time". What ever that is. Fossil:p
Ouch, I seen snow when I was growing up. Uncle Sam has decided that SoCal is a good place for me over the last 22 years.

I bought my hydraulic jack at Harbor Freight for around $60.00 dollars.

Hey, us bikers here in Michigan get about 7 months to ride. The reminding 5 months is shoveling snow. Why store it? Well, it's the 10th of September, rode in to work this morning and it was 39 degrees at 5:30. It's suppose to reach 70 today. Cold morning but I'll tell ya, the bike runs great in 40 degree weather.

Back