free website stats program bike spits and sputters thru intake | Harley Davidson Forums

bike spits and sputters thru intake

welder106

i need help! i have changed my pipes, intake gaskets, plugs, coil,map sensor, crank position sensor, and my 06 ultra classic is still sick. seems to backfire thu the intake, what else can i do to get it running good again? HELP ME PLEASE,

thanks ron

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here to help out. Its all in the details.
How many miles on the bike? Sitting long? Just started doing it? Old gas? Any mods lately? We'll need all the info to help you out.

Bodeen

i need help! i have changed my pipes, intake gaskets, plugs, coil,map sensor, crank position sensor, and my 06 ultra classic is still sick. seems to backfire thu the intake, what else can i do to get it running good again? HELP ME PLEASE,

thanks ron
thanks for reply, 18000 miles, sat for 5 months, just started this when i put my bike back together when i got it painted, olny really does this spitting at 2100 to 2800 rpms mostly. show no codes ive done all i know to do.

You have checked for intake leaks? Check for pin holes in fuel lines?

Fuel injected? Any kind of fueler on the bike? What kind of pipes did you put on? We'll get all the info out of you yet...............

Bodeen

I'm assuming that it's fuel injected. If so, check for pin holes in the fuel lines inside the tank. The EFI system runs on approx 50 psi, so if there's a pin hole somewhere in the fuel lines, the injectors don't get the proper amount of fuel.
One of the early symptoms is the coughing/spitting thru the a/c that you describe.

Back