free website stats program Bike Show | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Show

Animal

This weekend is the 2011 Calgary Motorcycle Show. The ground is covered in snow and they are calling for more snow on the weekend. The temp. will be about
-15C or 5F. but I'll be able to sit on and drool on all kinds of great bikes. Come on spring!

we get the show here onthe23rd. hoping the weather is the same as last week, sunny and cold. Although snow is forcast for this week. Rode on new years day, hopefully can ride to the bike show. Good ol B.C. weather.:D:D

This is the second year in a row that the snow we got at the start of winter is still on the ground at the end. In past years I've been out riding lots during the winter thanks to the chinook's (warm west winds) we get here in southern Alberta. Now with the weather changes winter's are getting worse and fewer chinooks. I've rode my bike to the show quite a few times in the past. Darn global warming is everywhere except Calgary.

Looking forward to the show this weekend. I always look at it as the start of the new season (even if it's usually another 6-8 weeks until I actually get to ride). Always nice to see the new bikes and pick up something new to add to my ride.

Is this the same show that comes to the USA?

Good question! There was a bike show on in Toronto, Ontario the same time it was on in Calgary. All the different makes were on display with a bunch of vendor's selling all the goodies that go along with motorcycles. This sound like the same show? Weather in Calgary when I went Sat. morning was -15C with a wind chill of -25C. I was lucky and got a parking spot close to the door.

Good question! There was a bike show on in Toronto, Ontario the same time it was on in Calgary. All the different makes were on display with a bunch of vendor's selling all the goodies that go along with motorcycles. This sound like the same show? Weather in Calgary when I went Sat. morning was -15C with a wind chill of -25C. I was lucky and got a parking spot close to the door.
Was the Calgary show a good one,planning on going to the one in Abbotsford on the 22 of January. Never been to it but hopefully I can ride that day...

Back