free website stats program bike shaking | Harley Davidson Forums

bike shaking

gregbeijing

Hey bros, my 2003 fxst is now shaking like crazy when I let off the gas. Feels like the back of the bike is going to break off. Tire pressure is good and I tightened the main nut holding the rear tire as well as the top of the forks. I also lubed up the front end. Any suggestions before this makes me crash? gregbeijing

Shaking as in engine shake ,or a bad wobble when you slow down?

Hey bros, my 2003 fxst is now shaking like crazy when I let off the gas. Feels like the back of the bike is going to break off. Tire pressure is good and I tightened the main nut holding the rear tire as well as the top of the forks. I also lubed up the front end. Any suggestions before this makes me crash? gregbeijing

Check the front motor mount (under the voltage regulator and oil filter), and the stabilizer between the jugs at the top under the tank. Make sure your belt is the right tension and back off or tighten with the axle as required. Check the condition of the tires (front AND rear) to make sure there is no problem with the tread. Finally, eyeball the pads on the rear brake to make sure there is some friction material left and they don't seem to be wearing at an angle.

TQ

IF using Dunlop tires check the inside for it coming apart, had 3 do it in less than 6 mos., now I am in high heat area also, don't know if it is a factor.

The tires seperates inside and shakes like mad somethimes it clears up for a bit, some it don't till stopped.

SJ

I wonder if that's what happened to me when I thought I picked up the tar snake? When the tire gets warm, it still gets a little jumpy on curves but seems to straighten up after a bit.

Can you see the split? How many miles dd you have on the tire? Front or back?

Back