free website stats program Bike not starting | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike not starting

btd343

I have a 2007 Deuce. It hasn't been started in a few months, but was working perfectly fine before that. I just replaced the battery tonight and went to start it up... hit the "start" button and I got nothing. No turn, nothing. Any thoughts??

Welcome Btd343 to the HDTimeline forum, while there will be others who weigh in here, do you have security alarm? When nothing does that mean no headlight, instrument light or any indication of ignition key was turned to on? Did you remove the main fuse and when you "turned down" your bike, did you do the "winterizing" routine (look in the self help section) and have the bike on a battery tender?...a few months should not have changed anything if you did this? :s

I have a 2007 Deuce. It hasn't been started in a few months, but was working perfectly fine before that. I just replaced the battery tonight and went to start it up... hit the "start" button and I got nothing. No turn, nothing. Any thoughts??

Recheck your connections on the battery. It sounds like when you replaced the battery it has a bad connection at the terminal.

Also check the basttery in your FOB id you have an alarm. If the battery is low, it will not give the signal to the bike to start.

Yes it has a security system. The entire startup process was normal except when I went to hit the start button... lights came on, run switch was fine, etc. I did not remove the main fuse at any point which makes me think it might be something there.

I am going to check the fuses and the battery connection, as well as the battery in the FOB. Like I said, it was starting fine before I turned it down, so it makes me think there's a bad connection somewhere.

Let me know if you have any more thoughts/suggestions... thanks!

Yes it has a security system.

I would think if the FOB did not commo w/ the bike, the security would rapid flash the 4 way flasher. Does that happen?

I was reading a few days back about the security system sometimes needing to be "reset" by pulling the Maxi. Never has happen to me, but worth a try.

hit the "start" button and I got nothing. No turn, nothing. Any thoughts??

Now the flashers are going rapid? Post #1 said "no Turn", nothing.

The rapid flashing tells you the FOB was not communicating with bike. Changing the battery in the FOB would be my 1st move.

Now the flashers are going rapid? Post #1 said "no Turn", nothing.

The rapid flashing tells you the FOB was not communicating with bike. Changing the battery in the FOB would be my 1st move.

By no-turn I meant when I pushed the Start button. Everything was normal throughout the startup process, lights working, run switch, etc... just wasn't turning when I hit the Start button.

I'll try swapping the batteries... thanks.

OK now I understand. On my '09 if I take just the key and leave the FOB in the house, when I try to start the bike, I also get no turn but the 4 way go crazy because the FOB was not present.

Now with the Siren II installed, along with the 4 way, the siren starts to scream. That's what makes me think it is your FOB battery. (CR2032)

Back