free website stats program bike mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

bike mileage

B.A.

Banned
Just wondering how many high mileage harleys there are out there.Just curious not trying to pull anyones chain.

Had over 150,000 on my panhead when I blew it up, my fault because I was cheating and just did a top end job on an tired lower end. Rebuilt it and had another 30,000 on it when I had to sell it. My 1992 FLHTU had 75,000 with just the normal work on it, oil & tire changes, tune ups. Like anything else (except for exwifes) you take care of them they'll take care of you.

I have right at 73K on my dyna now and plan to put 3 times that many on her. I replaced the cams (S&S 510) with gear drive instead of tensioners, oil pump (high flow), cam support plate, push rods and lifters at 70K.

Close to 130,000 miles on a 2000 FXDS.. It was still NEW Looking when parted with(traded off,,, 09 FLHR).. Sure miss that bike..
odometer reading 117,000 but off for a few miles, due to 6 speed conversion so 130,000 is a low estimate.

570SS gear drives, Python 3 exhaust, 42 mikuni and large manifold, scream'n Eagle programable ignition, Head work: flow-ported manley valves and springs. 95" bore using SE teflon pistons,10.25/1 and 6 speed gears installed into HD 5 spd box. the Stock clutch was still in-use and good shape (can't hardly believe that my self!)

signed....BUBBIE

My 01 RK has 130k in it, had the engine reman at 65k due to cam bearings failing. everything stock exept for slip on mufflers, regular 5k service intervals.

41K on my 06' RG, bought it in 2008 with 3400 miles, working hard to burn up the road.

Keep'em in the wind.

Back