free website stats program Bike Lift for Sporty | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift for Sporty

cedarbrook63

'Evening All. Any personal recommendations for which motorbike lift to go for? I've got an 883 Sporty but will be buying bigger next time so would want spare oomph in the lift. Any recomms gratefully received. Thanks.:coffee

Hi Cedarbrook, if you take a look in the Gereral H.D. Topic section Romain, Hobbit and others made some good posts regarding bike lifts.

the americana 2 which is redily available in the uk works ok for my bikes
ive got 92 softail, 93 sportster, & 93 dyna wide glide
although the side stand on the dyna gets in the way

hope this helps Brian

I use a whole bike lift like this one:Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices and have several years experience with it.

As Hobbit says, Sporty's tend to scrape going up the ramp, which can be remedied with the correct placement of a 1 x 4.

In addition to the ramp, I also use a thin scissor lift on the ramp to support bikes for rear tire removal, shock replacement (needed on nearly every brand) and the like.

All in all, things really did not get expensive until I built the heated garage...

I live in Wisconsin and still have a few more months of polishing to go...

Jake

I use a whole bike lift like this one:Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices and have several years experience with it.

As Hobbit says, Sporty's tend to scrape going up the ramp, which can be remedied with the correct placement of a 1 x 4.

In addition to the ramp, I also use a thin scissor lift on the ramp to support bikes for rear tire removal, shock replacement (needed on nearly every brand) and the like.

All in all, things really did not get expensive until I built the heated garage...

I live in Wisconsin and still have a few more months of polishing to go...

Jake
Thanks for the tips. Will flex the credit card. Sounds like you get some serious winter weather there but that Nightster will shine like black diamond once the sun comes out.

Back