free website stats program Bike Jack | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzoo

Banned
Who has one and how much do you use it? Thinking of getting one, but not sure how often it gets used.

I use mine alot. Everytime I clean the spokes. Makes it nice to raise it up to spin the wheels to clean. Bought mine from Harbour Freight (yellow one) no problems have had it 2 years.

I use mine a couple of times a week for cleaning and whenever maintenance requires the wheels to be raised. A very good investment. There are a lot of good jacks out there for a variety of prices. Use search feature here for lots and lots of info on jacks.

I use mine all the time. It is a great help in many ways. I also got mine at the best way. My brother in law gave it to me cause he said it never got used. I changed that!

I'm not a frequent bike washer, but maybe 1 or 2 times a year for a good wash, other times I just do it on the ground. I use it for the occassional maintenance that requires it to be up, such as tires/wheels, did forward controls and probably a few other small jobs. Then of course, every winter as part of my storage process, it sits in the corner of my garage off the cement to prevent tire rot.

My opinion:
- If you like to clean your bike well get one.
- If you plan on doing more than just oil changes on your bike get one
- If you have a need for winter storage, get one

In general, it is good to have around, I do not take mine out all that often, but when I do I am greatful I have it. With that said I did not spend a lot on mine, just the yellow craftsman was perfect for my use and less than 200 bucks, but cannot remember what exactly I paid for it.

I only use my lift when maintenance requires it so not very often but when it is needed it is needed as i find it difficult to remove a wheel without it

Brian

I use mine alot. Everytime I clean the spokes. Makes it nice to raise it up to spin the wheels to clean. Bought mine from Harbour Freight (yellow one) no problems have had it 2 years.

just put that one on my wish list. that site is dangerous. does the side with the handle get in the way? thinking the wider orange one?

yup got one and use it all the time ... If youre not a take it to the shop guy then its a great investment. even the cheaper ones just to get it up in the air so youre not on your belly wrenching . I think mine cost 100-150 bucks had it for years though . nothing fancy two arm frame that rolls in under frame of bike ... have to stand up my shovel with one hand to get it under but no biggie . wouldnt go without one though .:cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back