free website stats program Bike Cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Cover

israguard

Good morning,
Cover at HD Dealer in usual swanky box is about $135 in Canada. On Web through e bay or some other chinese seller... its less than half.

Is there a difference ?. I need to get one soon for winter storage. I dont mind spending the $$$. Just doing want to pay $135 simply because of a prettier box.

Hope you have thoughts/comments.
Tks

I have a sturdy cover I bought for $20 in Walmart. I can't use it in the garage because my bike gets condensation all over it. I have an older cover that was given to me (don't know the brand), that does not trap condensation in the garage. Check for vents or breathability before you buy.

Just because it says H/D and $135.00 on the box doesn't make it any better then many of the other covers out there. I have had a Dow that was likely the best that I have bought, and a few other brands including the one I am using now that I bought at Daytona Bike week for $90.00. There are indoor and outdoor materials. For indoor winter storage get a breathable material such as a cotton, for outdoors a more waterproof nylon.
kemo

You will be paying a premium at HD dealer and to have logo on cover. As others have said you need a breathable cover which there are many options. I probably over do it. I cover mine with a sheet to help absorb moisture and then cover with a breathable motorcycle cover.

You will be paying a premium at HD dealer and to have logo on cover. As others have said you need a breathable cover which there are many options. I probably over do it. I cover mine with a sheet to help absorb moisture and then cover with a breathable motorcycle cover.

Used to be a product called golden rod to assorb moisture:p

Good morning,
Cover at HD Dealer in usual swanky box is about $135 in Canada. On Web through e bay or some other chinese seller... its less than half.

Is there a difference ?. I need to get one soon for winter storage. I dont mind spending the $$$. Just doing want to pay $135 simply because of a prettier box.

Hope you have thoughts/comments.
Tks

Good deals are always coming and going...the key is MSRP may be $135 where you are, but likely deals around $80-$90 in the box or lightly used is probably a very good buy...the key is patience and opportunity. Actually found a CLEARANCE one brand new in the box for $75, but that was an exception at my local HD dealer, so don't forget your favorite source and check them out...! :D

Last edited:
Back