free website stats program Bike Cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Cover

Badgerw

Does anyone cover their bike with a bike cover when traveling? I will be making my first weekend trip this weekend and the weather forecast calls for rain in the evenings. We will be camping in a campground.

Don't cover the bike, the flapping of the cover will chaff the paint. The rain won't hurt the bike, it is an outside machine. My bike is a mess when I truck it to Florida in Dec. but cleans up good.
kemo

I am riding the bike, it will not be on a trailer, I was wondering if anyone covers their bike while parked outside while camping for the weekend.

I don't cover mine while on a trip because i don't want to use what little room I have to pack things on a cover. However, a guy I ride with covers his every night while on a trip and even during the day if we are not riding.

I travel two up so packing space is very limited. Cover stays home but I make sure I have a towel to dry things after rain.

I use a low cost cover when I travel. Does not take up much room keeps the dust off, and some rain and dew. Plus I fell it provides some additional security, at least from people messing with the bike, when I am not around. Pack for my wife and in the Ultra bags, and have room for this also.

Sometimes I do cover the bike over night. I have the HD cover but before I had that I had a cheap universal cover I bought from Wal-Mart and it worked just fine.

I take a light weight cover when I travel. It keeps the dew, rain and such off at night and it also covers up what kind of bike it is.

Back