free website stats program Bike broke - tranny! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike broke - tranny!

TQuentin1

Staff member
On the way to the Office for a meeting late this morning, the tranny broke! Making way lotta grinding/screeching sounds from the middle low-down section of the bike, and tranny gear lube (yes it is that red stuff!) pouring out between the left side of the tranny and the inner primary. If I wasn't a mod here and concerned with following the rules, I would be typing some creative phrases (well not really, since that would be disrespecting all of you folks)!! But you KNOW I am thinkin' them pretty loudly.

Anyway. Had my meeting and called the bike rescue guy to come and drag it down to Republic HD. That is where I bought the tranny. We'll see if there is any sort of warranty on the thing depending on what they find. Doubt it though.

Oh well. Supposed to rain tomorrow anyway! Time to start working on the little bike. If she was running, there would be NO issue! I guess I need a third bike, huh, Richard.

TQ

There should be no warranty issues, they should just get a complete new tranny overnighted and bolt it in for you,
The Screamin’ Eagle 6 Speed Transmission has been tested and validated using the
same rigorous procedures that Original Equipment transmissions are subjected to, and
is backed by a 12 or 24 month (depending on model year), unlimited mileage warranty
when installed at the time of a new bike purchase.
Not to worry, we are all thinking the creative phrases for you, let us know what they find.

Its always good to have a working spare bike its just hard keeping all three in their best condition

Brian

Man, what's going on here? I didn't think a moderator's bike was allowed to have any problems like the rest of us common folk!

Seriously, I hope it's nothing as bad as you're thinking and even if it is, I hope you're back on the road soon.

Back