free website stats program biggest rim i can get on stock road glide | Harley Davidson Forums

biggest rim i can get on stock road glide

Hogmotion

Hello everyone im new here and i would like to know if anyone can help me. I have the new 2013 Road Glide and i want to know how big of a front rim i can go i want a 23 but think alot of people saying i can only do a 21. They also say if i have to do a 23 i have to rack the front forks and alot of other stuff so please help im new to the harley world still trying to learn everything about them im coming to the HD world from a suzuki hayabusa

hello everyone i have a question and hoping someone can help me. I have a 2013 Road Glide Custom and i was wondering what is the biggest size rim i can go up to and don't have to do alot of extra things to the front end. I want a 23 but i have talked to some folks and they said the biggest i can go up to is a 21 so anyone know cause i dont want to rack the forks yet

Last edited by a moderator:
You can go to a 21x3.5 wheel without changing anything. Any wheels bigger then that require front end modification of some sort.

Your question was answered in your other post but I will answer it again. The biggest wheel you can use without doing any modifications to your bike is the 21x3.5 wheel any wheels bigger then that require modification to the bike.

Thanks Ironmark i really appreciate it cause someone said i could go to a 23 but just had to change the front fender i really appreciate clearing it up for me and thank u

when i go to the 21 3.25 i can leave the back rim the stock size?

Thanks again Iron Mark i do apologize for the double posting

Thanks Ironmark i really appreciate it cause someone said i could go to a 23 but just had to change the front fender i really appreciate clearing it up for me and thank u

when i go to the 21 3.25 i can leave the back rim the stock size?

Thanks again Iron Mark i do apologize for the double posting

No problem and welcome to the forum. Yes you can use the stock rear wheel. A word of caution using the 21 inch wheel will raise the bike up to 1 1/2 inches so if you have trouble reaching the ground you may not want to go this route, also you need to use a 120-70-21 tire and this tire is real close to the fender so if the tire is to close you may have drill over sized holes in the fender mounting holes this will allow you to raise and angle the fender some.

Back