free website stats program Bigger Injectors & Intake | Harley Davidson Forums

Bigger Injectors & Intake

Drumrguy

Account Removed
Ok, so I cannot leave things alone, so my question is if I put bigger injectors and intake on my bike, does it have to go back on the dyno. I will not do it if it gotta go back on the dyno, but if I can do one or both without having to put it back on the dyno I think I will put it on. This is like a sickness, I finally got all the bugs worked out, and now I found myself not being able to leave it alone. I think I need help! :wall

This is like putting a bigger carb on .Do you need more air and fuel,or is it just going to be money wasted? When pondering this you should look into it carefully,your bore and stroke,compression ratio and cams will make your decision.You should be able to find charts online or speak to a tuner.With the injectors it is not only volume to consider but also spray pattern and angle of spray for optimum burn. Once you have all the figures then choose your throttle body.Too many people,whether it is a Harley or a hot rod choose bigger then wonder why it doesnt perform any better.

My motor is all built top to bottom, I am starting to think leave well enough alone it runs great got plenty of power for me. Thanks, you help me make my decision. More accessories no more motor work until it blows up!

Bigger injectors would have a higher flow rate and would need to be dynoed again. Leave well enough alone if it's running good. Bigger injectors don't necessarily mean more power either. There's many things that figure into the total package like cam timing and head flow.

Bigger injectors would have a higher flow rate and would need to be dynoed again. Leave well enough alone if it's running good. Bigger injectors don't necessarily mean more power either. There's many things that figure into the total package like cam timing and head flow.

I think we said the same thing,just took you less words to say it!:D

Yeah I am going to leave it alone. There are some accessories I want to get plus an oil cooler, so I am going to leave the motor alone.

Remember when we used to change Quadrajets for Holley double pumpers and thought we had something good waste of gas and no big changes without cams and head work the same should apply here

Hobbit how is your bike running, still no problems with mine, I am trying so hard to leave the motor alone!

I hate that when u get it where u want it and something else goes sideways good luck Hobbit, Jack

Back