free website stats program Big Bore work | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Bore work

FATBOY-BILL

I have a 07 Fatboy with V&H pipes,screaming Eagle tuner,and a K&N breather. Now that winter is here ,there are specials at the dealerships to get work done. I want to get the Big Bore with cams but having headwork done is a little out of reach. Is it still worth it? Thanks

I'm trying to get as much knowledge as possible. I was a metric rider for many a year modifying engines not a lot of people that I know did. But it should be fun.

FATBOY-BILL I own a 2008 fatboy before I picked It up from the dealership new I had them install the 110 kit ,big sucker air filter,V+H bigshot staggerd and the screamineagle racetuner. The bike was put on the dino and the final rusults were 100hp/110tq. Install the big bore kit you will not be disappointed

Hobbit is right, definately do cams with the big bore kit. It's a great time to get head porting as well but $$ is always an issue (for me anyhow)........

My dad always said, "There's no substitute for Cubic Inches".

I was going to ask the dealership about the 110+cams just to max-out what I can $$$$. I also was told if you do a Big-Bore, do at least cams or it is not worth it.I would love to do have the heads done but I live in the automotive capital of CANADA & just like DETROIT we are taking a beating. The bike came with many extras,some being a SE race Tuner,K&G Breather V&H True Duals(Big shot staggered I would love) The bike came at a very good price. And you just can not say no to a bargain when it comes along.

are you going 103 or 110?
as the 110 requires the cases to be bored and you will need to relieve the rockers and fit heavy duty springs if you go to big on the cam

So far I got a quote for the 103 with SE255 cam kit. I know if you have alot of compression you will need relief valves on the heads for easier starting. Is that what you mean by relieve the rockers?

I get ya, so if you got your heads port and polished you would want to know what was going in the engine so that all the work would be done at the same time. Always learning.

Back