free website stats program Big Ben | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Ben

Cajun Ultra

Hello Texans, im Mike from new orleans and need to know if anyone has rode the Big Ben area? there will be 4 of us going out that way in Oct to do some riding any info will be of help tks.

Since you are coming near san antonio, I would veer off and ride the three sisters. These are Ranch roads 335, 336, and 337 that make a loop. 337 has been called the best motorcycle road in Texas. If you come back from Big Bend on US 90 you can take US hwy 83 north catch RR336 heading north, Texas 41 West, RR 335 Heading south, jump on Texas hwy 55 for a couple miles then grab RR 337 heading back to the east all the way to Texas Hwy 16 which will take you into San Antonio to catch US 90 or I-10 back to NOLA. I will caution that you have to ride careful if you dont know these roads, also you will cross some cattle grates in the road make sure are square going across them. I rode this route on Tuesday and I'm still smiling. Google "three sisters motorcycle ride" and you find a bunch of info on it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun ride. I have passed through San Antonio coming up from Laredo. Man, those are some flat roads!

Sounds like a fun ride. I have passed through San Antonio coming up from Laredo. Man, those are some flat roads!

The ride I layed out is anything but flat, these are the best roads in Texas you just need to know how to get there.

I'm sure the ride you layed out is nice. I was commenting on the landscape south of San Antonio. Down I-35.

Have not been to Big Bend, but am planning that trip now for next spring. I have ridden the Three Sisters that Jody spoke about and learned one thing. Once you get west of Comfort and south of I-10, you really need to have your trip planned around gas stations. Not every town on the map has fuel when you get that far south and west and it can be a very long way between towns. Second thing is cell phone coverage in case you need some kind of assistance along the way. As long as your in and around I-10 it's OK, but venture to far off the highway and it's nadda....... Just a couple of thoughts for ya. :)

I'm sure the ride you layed out is nice. I was commenting on the landscape south of San Antonio. Down I-35.

Sorry my intent was to not sound snippy, as I re-read my own post it did sound a little that way.

Have not been to Big Bend, but am planning that trip now for next spring. I have ridden the Three Sisters that Jody spoke about and learned one thing. Once you get west of Comfort and south of I-10, you really need to have your trip planned around gas stations. Not every town on the map has fuel when you get that far south and west and it can be a very long way between towns. Second thing is cell phone coverage in case you need some kind of assistance along the way. As long as your in and around I-10 it's OK, but venture to far off the highway and it's nadda....... Just a couple of thoughts for ya. :)

Yes, this part of texas is very rural, most of the 3 sisters loop has no cell coverage. If you see a gas station, fill up because you won't make it to the next one. I rode this alone on Tuesday an made sure I had plenty of water and that the wife knew when to expect a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy and I were planning our first trip there in October as well - saw there was a rally October 16-18th. Check it out - Ride for Trails Rally

Back