free website stats program Best windshield for ultra clasic | Harley Davidson Forums

Best windshield for ultra clasic

DAN THE MAN

I want to replace the windshield on my 09 ultra clasic,does any one have any experience with after market,beter design ones?

Welcome to the forum. There are as many opinions on the best batwing windshield as there are people using them. Flat, recurve, etc., everyone likes something different. I have 5 different windshields. My favorite for long trips is a extra wide 12", my favorite all around is a 8". You can get a good flat windshield for less than $100 or a recurve for $200+. Do a forum search for
"windshield" and sit back for a while and read.

I want to replace the windshield on my 09 ultra clasic,does any one have any experience with after market,beter design ones?
Hi and welcome!!
Where is the top of the winshield when you sit on the bike.
It should be around the the same level as your nose. I'm 5'10" and the stock wind shield is about 2" too tall for me. I would like to get a new 10" windshield. The F4 is high on my list
F4 Customs: 9.5" Light Tint FLHT/FLHX Windshield

Like Breeze3at say's everyone has an opinion. I have a Freedom Shield and am very satisfied it is a re curve, you can try it if you don't like it send it back for refund or exchange. I am 6 ft and I use a 9 in. light tint for touring and a 7 in. dark tint for every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the freedom works 13". i'm just under 6' tall & i look thru the top 1" of the windshield. i can wear a ball cap, that fits tight. for about 100.00. just clean it every time you ride. i use plexus. just as info.

Thanks for the info,I think I'll try the fredom,I was wondering if the polycarbonite is better than the acrylic or what the advantages or disadvantges are of either one.

Back