free website stats program Best Wheel Chock for stand and trailer? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Wheel Chock for stand and trailer?

leo13

First, I'd like to say how much I love this bike (08 FLHTC bought in May). I put alot of thought into it and with help from this forum, bought the perfect (for me) motorcycle. 7 thousand + trouble free miles, and with heated gear, more to come :cheers

I occasionally want to trailer it (V-nose enclosed) for those winter stays in Mesquite NV, and also need space in the garage for 2 bikes and a track snow-blower. So I'd like a wheel chock for freestanding use with good trailer mounting and quick removal.

On-line I've looked at LA Chock, Pingel, Condor, and one at Discount lifts. None of them seem ideal for an enclosed trailer, they appear to work better on an open trailer with easy access to the floor from the bottom for mounting bolts/hardware (enclosed trailers have a sub-floor).

Has anybody used one which will work for these applications or used one which wasn't ideal (explain why). Yes I did a search, didn't find much.

Thanks in advance.

I have a condor mounted in my enclosed trailer and it works well. You can get the quick release for the stand and use that in the shop if you want as well. This just leaves the mounting hardware on the floor of the trailer.

Just got a Condor PS-1500 for $210 which included shipping & Tax. I thought that was a good price. What sold me was the Quality of the unit. Made really well.

Hoop!

I have a Condor and a Wheeldoc. The Wheeldoc is easier to get a big bike like yours into and out of the chock. The Wheeldoc gets my vote.

I have a Condor and a Wheeldoc. The Wheeldoc is easier to get a big bike like yours into and out of the chock.

Just a tip in case you are not aware. On the Condor PS-1500 you can turn the wheel clamp around to make it easier to load & unload certain bikes....
In it's "normal" mode, it really does hold the bike.

Hoop!

Hello from Logan. We do the same thing throughout the long Cache Valley winter. I have tried a few different chocks and I prefer the Bike Pro, I have a 27' enclosed V nosed trailer and have multiple attachment points in the trailer depending on how many bikes we are taking. The bike Pro runs about
$125.00 each.

Glen

Hey Glen, great comeback for those Aggies yesterday.

My V-nose is only 15', my buddy would like me to haul his Heritage as well occasionally. I'll check Bike Pro since I'm still waiting for my PM to be answered.

I have a 21 foot doolittle with 2 condors in it and E track all the way down the center and a row of E track down each side for tie down rings. then I found the same style stand at harbor frieght for half the moneyso I bought 2 more. used the quick conect / disconect and put 2 more in for a total of 4 bikes works like a dream!!! can haul 4 roadkings!

Back