free website stats program Best Trailer Hitch Flstc Heritage? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Trailer Hitch Flstc Heritage?

Agent

Hi All, I am looking at buying a pop up camper for my 2011 Heritage Softail (FLSTC). I want a trailer hitch that is strong and works with the bike for best balance and strength. I want to make sure that the hitch attacment areas are what makes the bike balance for perfect handling. I am sure you guys understand the need to get the best for the bike and this is my first time having a bike with a trailer hitch and pulling a camper. So any comments would be great I need all the experience I can get from you guys to help me on this project. Thanks!!!

Hi All, I am looking at buying a pop up camper for my 2011 Heritage Softail (FLSTC). I want a trailer hitch that is strong and works with the bike for best balance and strength. I want to make sure that the hitch attacment areas are what makes the bike balance for perfect handling. I am sure you guys understand the need to get the best for the bike and this is my first time having a bike with a trailer hitch and pulling a camper. So any comments would be great I need all the experience I can get from you guys to help me on this project. Thanks!!!

What type/kind of pop-up are you looking at? Steve07 might chime in here - he's got the trailer expeirence.

Hi R. Lewis, I am looking at a Solace Camping trailer., But I am most interested in the trailer hitch I am sure it is important how the hitch is attached to the bike for safety reasons. Who makes the best of the best!!! I need and expert were is Steve07?????

The Trailer is about 400 LBS what is the difference between the weight of the trailer and Tongue weight?

I just installed one from HitchDoc:

(Link in next post, if I'm lucky)(Otherwise just Google "hitchdoc")

Ain't cheap but very well built (isn't that always the case?) What I like about this hitch is when you're not towing a trailer you can quickly remove the ball and it doesn't even look like you have a hitch installed.

Gonna haul a small trailer down to Daytona.

HitchDoc motorcycle trailer hitches for Harleys, Hondas, Yamaha & more motorcycle hitches

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my Bushtec Roadstar last month and then got the Hitch Doc hitch off of CL for my Heritage. Ordered the bike-side wiring from Bushtec and it was a simple plug and play hookup.
It took me 30 min to install hitch and 5 min to hook up the wiring. Then I pulled the Roadstar about 150 mi and what they say about forgetting it is behind you is TRUE. I could not feel it behind me while going down the road. Very minimal pull when taking off and very little push when stopping. We loaded the trailer with approx 75 lbs of empty luggage, etc before leaving and it towed like a dream. The HitchDoc hitch is chrome and blends well with the bike(what you can see) and when the sleeve is removed, the hitch is hidden. I would recommend the Bushtec trailer and HitchDoc hitch.
The Bushtec suspension was very easy to adjust before we left with the air pump and never needed to be re-adjusted.
I was getting 42 mpg before the trip and got 40 while pulling, not bad for all the extra space we now have.
We are pulling to Colo the end of June and looking forward to the trip

Back