free website stats program best solo | Harley Davidson Forums

best solo

lowrider13

I would like to know the best solo seat I can get for my 07 LR. I did have a stock solo off a st.bob and liked it but need a little more comfort. I put my stock seat back on and I feel like I am sitting on the tank. So I would like to have a seat that wil put me back with comfort. Thanks

I have the Mustang vintage solo with a backrest on my SB and I can ride all day on it even without the backrest. It's a bigger seat than the stock solo, but it still looks good.

I have the Mustang vintage solo with a backrest on my SB and I can ride all day on it even without the backrest. It's a bigger seat than the stock solo, but it still looks good.

For a smaller Mustang, consider the Day Tripper solo. Not the most comfortable seat out there, but I can do several hundred miles, it looks great, and is available for under $200.

Here's a pic:

Picture007-5.jpg

I have the Mustang Vintage on mine also. Back rest and a pillion pad on back. I like it. Has almost 50,000 miles on it. Doesn't "Look as Cool" as some of the thinner/smaller seats but they are comfortable.

when i bought sb in 07,i had not ridden in nearly two years,96 1200 sporty bog,i loved that bike.
After about 2 weeks of short run's,i lived phuket island thailand then.
i decided to ride from phuket to nong khai,1996km,one end of thailand to the other.The ride took me 3 days,11am-5.30pm,650km a day.My neck,wrists,rear end,ankle's all perfect no discomfort at all.My Stock Solo is going nowhere:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know how it'll fit, but the seat on the Fat Bob is great - Not really a solo but not much of a 2-up either.

OMIGOSH...HOBBIT! 3 count 'em three guys in a row who like their stock seats! How did the HD R&D guys slip this past the HD Marketing guys???! :ap

Thinking of a cc solo with a stitch pattern for about $300. Anyone have an opinion on these seats? Comfortable I hope.

Back