free website stats program best lift for the price | Harley Davidson Forums

best lift for the price

flipper

Account Removed
My husband and I got into bikes last year and he has an Ultra Classic and I have a Heritage. My question is "What is the best lift for the price...... Our 25th wedding anniversary is coming up in June and I would like to get him a nice lift so that he can work on the bikes for minor maintenance type things, including cleaning. We don't need the most expensive, but I sure would like to get him a nice one. It hurts to bend over sometimes. Thanks y'all!!!

Here is a selection of diferent manufacturers to "help" you decide...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/1179-bike_lifts.html

Geezer is partially right, Harbor Freight is the lowest price $79 MSRP, but in addition, it goes on sale for about $59 periodically, and with 25% Coupon periodically offered...just a bit over $52 and your done. But it is "just" money...remember this is a "GIFT" for the two of you and sometimes "--price is not EVERYTHING..."!!!

I have the yellow Harbor Freight one and I like it, it works for me...and did not touch off any arguments when I talked it over with the missus...happiness is working the decision with your partner. Being as you both have bikes, an Ultra is 200 lbs heavier than the Softail give or take, and may be something to consider...also ease of use and actually having one demonstrated before you buy or ones used by others who will weigh in shortly, will help you make YOUR decision the RIGHT one.

Last edited:
Your 25th is special so maybe you should buy him a table lift. I got one from Ranger and it lifts 43 inches high so not much bending over at all. My Heritage looks purdy up on the pedestal.

Buy Him a J&S. He will Love you for another 25 Years.!:p

Couldn't agree more. I have one for my Ultra and an Uncle has one for his springer. Works great for both bikes.

I think the biggest thing is value. J&S is not the least expensive but a great value for what you are getting. JMHO

I researched several different jacks and spent the extra $ for the J&S. They are wonderful people to deal with, delivery time was great and I feel the quality can't be beat. Easy to use with no tie down straps to fiddle with. Check out their website, watch the video of the jack in action. They also sell a drain tray to fit on the jack which makes life a lot easier when it time for fluid changes.
My .02

Back