free website stats program Best Air Cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Best Air Cleaner

Sledge187

So i got this 07 1200 Sporty and though i would make it have a lil more pop than normal. So got the full stage 1 upgrade on the bike, but when it comes to the air cleaner, out side of the 2 HD sells, its like i am in umpa lumpa land and everything looks the same.

Im a fan of the cone style, but there is alot of other out there that "look and sound" good as well. Would like some out side opinion on this to see if i can get a better bang for my buck.

thanx alot

K&N has a new complete kit out as well. I can't find the stock # right now but I'll try and post it later if ur interested. If I remember right it is about $375.00 but don't quote me.:eam

Besides the obvious performance advantage, look for one that moves the bulk away from your knees; I am a short 5' 6" rider and would imagine the taller folks really hate the ham can getting in the way. JMO

I went with a teardrop shaped S&S style, fitted with a high quality performance aircleaner in the standard 6" round x 2 1/8" height works fine. Still, I would like it to be even lower profile and farther still, but it worked out well.

SE Heavy Breather is the way to go. Better throttle responce than a paper element filter. You will notice a big differance.

Back