free website stats program Best accessory charger? | Harley Davidson Forums

Best accessory charger?

maxshovel

Good morning! I ride my 07' Heritage Softail Classic on some distance rides and am realizing the need for a charger for cell phone, etc. I'm riding to Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville next month and want to install a good charger. Any suggestions?
Peace,
Max

Good morning! I ride my 07' Heritage Softail Classic on some distance rides and am realizing the need for a charger for cell phone, etc. I'm riding to Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville next month and want to install a good charger. Any suggestions?
Peace,
Max

I have found that when phone is turned off battery stays charged. While on and traveling when phone is roaming for service it is continually using battery. My thought is unless you can have a temporary or mobile charge point to put in saddle bags where on your type of bike could you permanently install port and then set your phone to charge??? :dknow

I am in the same boat as the OP. I am leaning toward the cigarette lighter that plugs into the battery tender connection. I have the connection for my Gerbing gear but I can't find a converter that fits it. Chopper posted one from Custom Chrome somewhere and I saw 2 in Sturgis but didn't pull the trigger. Jack gave me a tender cord when I was at his place. Thanks Jack!

I am in the same boat as the OP. I am leaning toward the cigarette lighter that plugs into the battery tender connection. Chopper posted one from Custom Chrome somewhere and I saw 2 in Sturgis but didn't pull the trigger. Jack gave me a tender cord when I was at his place. Thanks Jack!

Do you end up installing a low amp in line fuse to protect components while charging ? And where would you mount socket or just leave set in saddle bag?

They have the fuse. The plan is to charge at the camp site. But in a pinch I'd stickit in my coat or vest.
WAP.gif

I have the pigtail fitted to my bike for my charger which is an optimate i went to an electrical component store and bought a bare plug of the correct type and a car cigarette lighter extension socket cut it to the correct length and fitted the charger plug to the end of the cable ensure the + and - are the correct way round i have a double usb port adaptor that fits the cigarette lighter socket and it all sits in my right side saddlebag i just plug into the pigtail when i need to charge phone with the double usb port i can charge 2 phones at the same time as i will not be making calls when i am riding however if i wanted to i do have the phone married to the bluetooth built into my helmet however i rarely switch the bluetooth on on helmet

Brian

Peace,
Max

Hi Max, is that Fayetteville, AR. ??? if so that is the town I was born in....long time ago...high school friend was Police Chief there but retired about 7-8 yr ago; Richard Watson.... anyway would like to be friend regardless...i live on the Central Coast in CA for past 40 years...Arroyo Grande---anyhow welcome and this is a good forum, lots of info and lots of experience...good folks

Hey, Cortezc! Yes, Fayetteville AR... There is a great rally there called "Bikes, Blues and Barbeque" and I'm planning to check it out. I live in central MS. I've heard of Arroyo Grande! Nice place to live?
Max

Back