free website stats program Belt Tension | Harley Davidson Forums

Belt Tension

mrtn681

I recently put a Primo Brute 3 Extreme belt drive " enclosed version" on my bike. After riding long enough to get it warmed up ,it devloped a chirpping noise when I get on the gas.I went back in and can't find anything that looks off , but the primary belt may have some slack in it.My question is how do you tighten it up without an idler /tensioner pulley.

I recently put a Primo Brute 3 Extreme belt drive " enclosed version" on my bike. After riding long enough to get it warmed up ,it devloped a chirpping noise when I get on the gas.I went back in and can't find anything that looks off , but the primary belt may have some slack in it.My question is how do you tighten it up without an idler /tensioner pulley.

Did you ever get a reply to this question chap? I was wondering the same thing.

That sounds like the Problem. TOO TIGHT...

I do keep My Stock Belt "Old School". Not as tight as HD says. But not tooooo loose at riding temp.

I do go easy until the bike metal pulleys/belt get warmed up. Simple checking Before you ride and during the ride will get you used to the Correct tension YOU desire and the belt needs.

Every time I have had a Squeek from the belt, IT was Just too Tight.

Too Tight a belt is very Hard on the supporting shaft bearings.

The above link provided by 90FXRS tell it correctly for that Special Product you are using.

signed....BUBBIE

Back