free website stats program BEGINNER@59 | Harley Davidson Forums

BEGINNER@59

NEED SPEC SHEET OR MANUEL FOR 1997 BIG DOG PRO GLIDE WITH S&S MOTOR CI. UNKNOWN

• ANYTHING EQUIVALENT BY HARLEY DAVIDSON

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I DON'T KNOW WHAT A POLL RESPONSE MEANS ,SO I TOOK A SHOT AT IT ABOVE.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danimal

MY NAMES DAN I BARELY TYPE. SO , EVERYTHING IS IN UPPER CASE. I JUST FIND THAT ACCEPTABLE. I HAVE BIG DOG 1997 PRO GLIDE. FIRST AMERICAN MADE V-TWIN I EVER OWNED . SO, I DON'T KNOW (EDIT) AND BIG DOG CAN'T TELL ME (EDIT). BECAUSE, THEY NEVER DID FOR ANYONE WHO EVER BOUGHT ONE AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I HAVE COME TO UNDERSTAND. THAT'S WHY I'M HERE SO SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME (EDIT). EVEN THE S&S MOTOR IS DIIFFICULT TO IDENTIFY . BUT, I GOT TO TELL YOU I LOVE THE (EDIT) OUT OF MY BIKE AND ITS PRETTY TOO. YA THAT'S WHAT I SAID PRETTY. SO THE TRUTH IS IF I CAN GET A SPEC SHEET OR MANUEL I CAN WRENCH ON THIS BIKE MYSELF. I GOT NOTHIN BUT TIME AND VERY LITTLE MONEY. SO I,LL ADDRESS MY ISSUES IN THE PROPER FORUM. I';VE HAD BIKES ALL MY LIFE AND I LOOKING TO RIDE THE REST OF IT . SO I'M HOPING TO GET GOOD ADVICE AND GLAD TO BE HERE. THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. I realize you like all caps, however, just an FYI, in the cyber world, all caps is considered yelling at others. ;) Just letting you know that in case you are joining another forum and someone mentions your yelling. ;)

A poll is generally used to get other's opinions on a subject or product.

Also, please take a moment to read the rules of this forum.

Welcome. It should be the 80 inch S&S motor. Try To download a manual online.
OK THANK YOU, IM NOT YELLING. YOU CONFIRM WHAT A MECHANIC TOLD ME.I HAVE EDELBROCK HEADS, AND A CUSTOM CAM BUT NO CUSTOM PISTONS ON A 80- CI MOTOR.YA I GOT THE S&S SPECS I JUST DONT KNOW ALL THE OTHER STUFF LIKE AXLE NUTS,FORK CLAMPS , ENGINE MOUNT ,AND IM NOT EXPERIENCED ENOUGH TO KNOW IF I CAN JUST GO BY THE SPECS ON A HD DYNA FOR 1997. BUT THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY. AND I WILL GO READ THE RULES

Welcome, have you called the S&S customer help line.
THANK YOU FLUSHER YES I HAVE AND READ MY RESPONSE TO LIQUID WRENCH WHICH BY THE WAY IS GOOD STUFF AND YOU'LL SEE WHERE I'M AT IN MY QUEST FOR UNDERSTANDING

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. I realize you like all caps, however, just an FYI, in the cyber world, all caps is considered yelling at others. ;) Just letting you know that in case you are joining another forum and someone mentions your yelling. ;)

A poll is generally used to get other's opinions on a subject or product.

Also, please take a moment to read the rules of this forum.
OK I WILL READ THE RULES MY APOLOGY. AND IM NOT YELLIN AND WILL WORK ON TRY'N TO COMMUNICATE BETTER. STILL NEEDS ADVICE ON BIKE BUT THANK YOU FOR LETTIN ME KNOW I WAS OUT OF LINE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the torque specs on the frame and components are very close to Harley specs. If you can't find Harley specs, standard SAE torque charts for the bolt/nut size will work on many applications. Edelbrock heads require Edelbrock manifolds. They made two styles, 1 piece and 3 piece. It's easy to tell which you have by looking. I recommend that you keep an eye out for the correct Edelbrock intake gaskets for your spares supply. They are getting difficult to find and rather pricey.

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.
Hit your caps/lock on your left side of the keyboard and you'll be good to go.

Back