free website stats program Been around many blocks but first time around this one | Harley Davidson Forums

Been around many blocks but first time around this one

EldoradoMike

Just saying Hi, I've ridden bikes for over 50 years and Harley's for 20. The Dobeck site mentioned this as one for advice on tuning their controllers so I thought I'd give it a try. I put a EJK3 on my 2001 FLHTCI (which has the Magneti Marelli fuel injection) as I did a couple things past the Stage 1 download and hope to eliminate a ping on partial acceleration that goes away on full throttle. I installed a factory 95" kit with 203 cams and SE air cleaner and I had Short Block Charlie redo my heads with the Scotsman package. I run everything else as stock, including the mufflers.

Anyway, I hope you may have some tips to help get me straightened out on the tuning.

Mike

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL
I understand that the Dobeck site is very good at communicating directly with customers of their products. I would try to communicate directly with them for your questions, not saying that someone here can't help, there are some really good gurus here as well.
Good luck!

Welcome to HDT from sunny AZ.
As Russ said their tech support is great and always ready to help you tune the tuner to your specifications. 1-406-388-2377, give them a call and they'll help you dial it in.

Sweet! A forum that at least acknowledges my existence. Will give them a call and see what happens. I've perused the Dobeck user guides but haven't spoken with them since they talked my out of an AFR+ and into the EJK3.

Sweet! A forum that at least acknowledges my existence. Will give them a call and see what happens. I've perused the Dobeck user guides but haven't spoken with them since they talked my out of an AFR+ and into the EJK3.

Ask for tech support, they'll ask what mods you've done which will help them dial in the tuner.
Let us know how it works out for you.

Welcome from Spokane Washington.
Hope the fellas there at Dobeck get you dialed in and running good.

The SE203 cams have some ground in advance and the bigger bore has increased compression which may require a timing adjustment to elminate the ping. Unfortunately, the EJK3 does not allow timing adustments, fuel adjustments only. Perhaps the Dobeck guys can help but if not, you will need to add an aftermarket ignition module to make timing adjustments. Daytona Twin Tec offers the hardware, DIY installation is pretty straight forward and once installed, if you can't make the timing adjutment to your satisfaction, 30-45 minutes on a dyno with a competent operator can dial it in. Check out the linked vdeo, visit the Daytona Twin Tec website and give them a call.

Back