free website stats program Be careful on the winter toys | Harley Davidson Forums

Be careful on the winter toys

rhino

Banned
Im sure alot of guys here are like me. when the bikes go away for the winter the quads and snowmobiles come out. While I take alot of care to be safe on two wheels, maybe not so much on four wheels or skis. Long story short, I was on the quad on my way to my deer hunting spot. Nice day fresh snow so i decided to get on the throttle. caught something strange in the field and was thrown off at a little over 40mph. ended up with a dislocated shoulder, broken collar bone, four broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. so if a reminder can save anyone a little unneeded pain then im happy. be safe friends.

rhino,

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hopefully you will heal quickly. Thanks for the reminder and get well bro.......

Im sure alot of guys here are like me. when the bikes go away for the winter the quads and snowmobiles come out. While I take alot of care to be safe on two wheels, maybe not so much on four wheels or skis. Long story short, I was on the quad on my way to my deer hunting spot. Nice day fresh snow so i decided to get on the throttle. caught something strange in the field and was thrown off at a little over 40mph. ended up with a dislocated shoulder, broken collar bone, four broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. so if a reminder can save anyone a little unneeded pain then im happy. be safe friends.

Sorry to hear this and hope you mend soon and completely, Capital Jack

Yep, been there too w/snowmobile & sleds. Let my little sisters drive JDX8 once & they grabbed too much throttle & slammed into shed. Needless to say - one in cast from hip to ankle & other cast on arm (ouch). Got to keep safety in mind w/all moving vehicles...I wasn't a very good coach at the time...;)

Hope you heal quickly. Better stay on two wheels, it's safer.

1+ with what Geezer said...off roading is easy to get into trouble, traction and road angles can get crazy in an instant, hidden road hazards covered by snow or leaves. :small3d007:

Riding your HD on clear clean roads is enough drama...get well soon! :57:

i am with the 2 wheels...feels much safer only been hurt twice on a snow machine......only been on them twice!!

Back