free website stats program Batwing fairings? | Harley Davidson Forums

Batwing fairings?

Fireguy

I need to buy a batwing fairing and was noticing there are different numbers for different years. Although they all look the same is there a difference?

The short answer is yes, there are enough model variations that proper matching of part numbers for model year...even mid year model may be necessary.

One of the things about Harley's...many changes are "under the wrapping" so wiring harness integration, cable routing, new features like throttle by wire and new features needing a "nesting" place.

Agree, definitely make sure to match correct part# w/bike & year. Also, might want to look at some aftermarket batwing set-up's like Memphis Shades & Dragonfly...sure there are others, but it's early & haven't had enough coffee...

I need to buy a batwing fairing and was noticing there are different numbers for different years. Although they all look the same is there a difference?

Do you want the 'outer' only, the 'inner' only or whole thing? Do you want it painted and striped to match your existing color? There are many years that interchange, but have subtle differences like pinstripe difference between models.

I need both inner and outer. Without starting a big discussion on this decision I am changing out my fairing and going to a batwing. Handlebars are on the way and just needing to buy a fairing with all the brackets. Ebay has alot of fairing, but I want to make sure I get the right one.

Outer fairings from '96 up are supposed to be the same. Inner's on '08 up have some minor holes for deflector mounting. There's an inner & outer without hardware on ebay now with no bids.

My buddy bought a Dragonfly for his 2009 Road King that he has converted to look like a Street Glide. It accomedates a single DIN aftermarket deck and 6x9 speakers along with all the stock gauges. He looked at a lot of them and found this one to be the best. Good luck.
Alex
Local 493
United Phoenix Fire Fighters

Back