free website stats program Batwing fairing mounts | Harley Davidson Forums

Batwing fairing mounts

Redman

Recently returned from a trip to Sturgis and surrounding states and thought my fairing was a wee loose so took her in as the warranty is almost up. All but one of the brackets was broken. Bike is an 09 with 20,000 miles on her. I was wondering if any folks have there own fix for this as I can see this as a reoccuring problem if they use the same brackets to fix. The dealership did a great job and it is snug now...also had the steering neck tightened which was way out of adjustment....I do my own service and neglected this on my list of things to do. Big mistake as I didnt realize how loose she was...she was out 3x the acceptable range. All is good now with no cost to me...still wondering about those brackets though. Thanks for the help.:s

Supposedly HD has improved the brackets, but I've read about 2010's breaking. A guy on ebay sells a repair kit for about $30. Do a forum search, there are several fixes that should be as good for less.

Loose steering head means more energy stresses on everything upfront. Could have easily loosened the mounting fasteners. The good news is the batwing fairing has a bit less mass than the touring fairings and the brackets not nearly prone to damage due to this.

Recently returned from a trip to Sturgis and surrounding states and thought my fairing was a wee loose so took her in as the warranty is almost up. All but one of the brackets was broken. Bike is an 09 with 20,000 miles on her. I was wondering if any folks have there own fix for this as I can see this as a reoccuring problem if they use the same brackets to fix. The dealership did a great job and it is snug now...also had the steering neck tightened which was way out of adjustment....I do my own service and neglected this on my list of things to do. Big mistake as I didnt realize how loose she was...she was out 3x the acceptable range. All is good now with no cost to me...still wondering about those brackets though. Thanks for the help.:s

made my on brackets just the tpo 5 " of it and bolted to the side of the upright part of the bracket

Back