free website stats program Battery tender blew | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery tender blew

DANNY MC

Hi fellas,putting my battery tender/trickle charge on today and as i plugged it into plug attached to bike got a little spark and the tender went off.Put bike onto other tender i have and all fine lights went up to green as usual,just panicked as to whether it would of caused any probs,did also take bike out for run everything ok,lights/horn etc all ok,Do you think all ok,one of the wires was loose in the tender connector end,cheers fellas:small3d007:

Don't know that it makes any difference but a friend of mine said that it is best to have the charger unpluged and make the attachment to the bike then plug the charger into the wall socket.

I would say your fine. HD-Don makes a valid point. It is always best to plug in the charger last. It's a pain I know,,but it's really the best way to eliminate sparks and problems.

Strange to see spark, your charger harness is fuse protected, and the charge current is very low, a large spark is odd indeed. As Hoople stated...most chargers state that you should connect bike side first then plug charger into wall. To take off, unplug charger first, then unplug the ground then positive lead on the bike.

Back