free website stats program Battery Positive Voltage trouble code? | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Positive Voltage trouble code?

kennewman

My 2001 EFI FLTRI engine check light was on most of the time, last time I rode it.
I checked the trouble code, and it seems to be (16) Battery Positive Voltage.

Anyone had this issue?

Does it mean the voltage is too high, or too low?

My stator and regulator were replaced about a year ago. I wonder if the regulator were faulty, would it cause this DTC?

Thanks! :)

Check the battery voltage with a volt meter of decent quality and go from there to find out where the problem lies. Have you checked the battery terminals for tightness and cleanliness?

Do you use a battery tender or similar charger when the bike is parked?If not starting the bike on a flat battery can cause a voltage drop that will set that code.Check the obvious,ya know connections,voltage at the terminals and output at the battery @2000 RPM.If all that is OK charge the battery well,clear the code,go for a ride and see if it returns.

thanks for the replies, glider & fisher!

Turns out it was loose connections (both of them) at the battery.

I tightened them up, took the bike for a test ride today, and the check engine light never came on.

Shortly after I had the bike worked on last year, I was experiencing the radio cutting in and out, so I took the seat off to expose a halfway-connected electrical connector, as well as a battery hold-down clamp and bolt that were totally not installed. Just sitting there!

Guess I won't be taking my bike to THAT mechanic (at least not for electrical stuff) again!

Thanks again! :)

Back