free website stats program Battery Disconnected | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Disconnected

This might sound like a dumb question,

I'm in the middle of a re-build on my 08 FLSTC. The battery has been disconnected for about a month and I don't plan to have it back together until about 1st week of March. I can't imagine that is going to create any problems, but thought I'd ask. I have no idea what hidden secrets there are in the electronics. Am I going to have a problem?

I have a 07 FLSTC and according my service manual there should be no problems with the electronics.

+1, I also agree.

The only remote minor problem I see is if you have a Siren II with battery back-up. The little NIMH batteries they use for siren back-up power do not like to remain in a uncharged state and I am sure it will be toast in a few months from neglect. But that is a simple cheap fix. Just change it so it does not leak and damage your Siren. :)

When I purchased the Siren II kit, the battery was bad out of the box from sitting on the shelf for 6 months.

In the shop... will probably charge it this weekend then store in the house. Won't kill me to buy a new battery this spring. More concerned about the bike electronics, but sounds like I'm good to go there

Back