free website stats program Bat Wing Faring Bracket Repair | Harley Davidson Forums

Bat Wing Faring Bracket Repair

DavHJ

As we all know the vertical black fairing brackets seem to break at the top where it attaches near the speaker.
There are kits available on the internet you can buy to repair this or buy a new bracket from HD.
The brackets are a bit pricy and take a fair amount of time to replace them.
This would have been my second time replacing them so being a machinist this is what I came up with and just thought I'd share with you all.

Dave

Attachments

• 0210011738.jpg
    0210011738.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 0212011130.jpg
    0212011130.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Fairing Bracket Repair.jpg
    Fairing Bracket Repair.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 192
Looks like it'll work fine. Who cares what it looks like - it's inside the fairing!

Curious, how many miles on your bike when you first noticed a problem with your brackets?

i had a 07 flhx,and both brackets failed...Hd picked up the repair tab...i think i was under 1 yr warranty, but i seem to remember the tech telling me HD may have notice about it and possibly get it done free..check this out. good luck

Great job...I'd say it's time to start taking orders. ;)

Getting ready to pull my fairing to install passing lamps so I'll be checking the fairing brackets too.

Looks like it'll work fine. Who cares what it looks like - it's inside the fairing!

Curious, how many miles on your bike when you first noticed a problem with your brackets?

The first time around 15,000 miles and this time 27,000 miles.
I don't think it will break again.

The first time around 15,000 miles and this time 27,000 miles.
I don't think it will break again.

Thanks - 19,000 on mine and they were fine last time I had the outer fairing off. Must have been using a good batch the day they built my bike!

My left one didn't break till around 25K. It is very noticeable when it does, fairing shakes like carzy.

You guys should see my brackets; patches all over the place! 78k miles on 02 FLHTC and this is the second factory set of brackets. Not the new style. And they break in all different areas, not just at the top. I use 1/8 inch aluminum one inch wide for all my repairs. Drills easy and bends easy. I sure wish I could get a new ride as everything is falling apart on this one. Every day I'm fixing something. Pain in the (EDIT).

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Back