free website stats program Base Setting Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Base Setting Questions

FerrousBueller

After monkeying around with the settings I've reset them back to the factory settings. Nothing wrong, other than I think I may be over thinking the whole thing and wanted to start over. Settings posted online for your part #9120305 says "All EJK Controllers already come preset for typcial stage 1 modifications!!".

Does that include the dealer download?

If I don't have the dealer download would the base settings be different?

If I adjust the Decel Fuel down or off, does it lower the amount of fuel added, or, lower the rpm switch point where fuel is added?

Current configuration:
'09 Softail Custom
EJK Gen 3
K&N RK-3910, Filter Kit
American Custom Mufflers with Mid Level baffles.

Thank You!

Call and ask for Chris at Dobeck , he'll tell you what to change the settings to . I took my notes home otherwise I'd tell you what he told me to change them to when I get mine . 877-764-3337

"Does that include the dealer download?"
No. Preset settings for Harley controllers are for the stock ECU map.

"If I don't have the dealer download would the base settings be different?"
Settings with a dealer download are different from without. The Harley downloads get you closer to a better tune-up, but are still restricting you from your bike's full potential.

"If I adjust the Decel Fuel down or off, does it lower the amount of fuel added, or, lower the rpm switch point where fuel is added?"
Mode 4 is Decel Fuel for HD applications which only affects fueling.

"Does that include the dealer download?"
No. Preset settings for Harley controllers are for the stock ECU map.

"If I don't have the dealer download would the base settings be different?"
Settings with a dealer download are different from without. The Harley downloads get you closer to a better tune-up, but are still restricting you from your bike's full potential.

"If I adjust the Decel Fuel down or off, does it lower the amount of fuel added, or, lower the rpm switch point where fuel is added?"
Mode 4 is Decel Fuel for HD applications which only affects fueling.

Wow, That was a fast reply!

I've turned the Decel Fuel completly off with out the popping noise I expected. My guess is "No" but I have to ask: Am I causing any harm?

You're not causing any harm. We see the decel fuel mode shut off quite a bit and we actually have removed it from our new HD Touring code. Just not needed as frequently.

Back