free website stats program Base line suspension air pressur | Harley Davidson Forums

Base line suspension air pressur

ThaiTed

Banned
My service manual tells me that I should add 1 psi per every 25 lbs weight of rider etc. But is the baseline air pressure Really 0 psi? Right now I have 14 psi in the rear and 8 in front I weigh 90 kg. Is this ok?
WAP.gif

in my 93 i tri,ed to keep 12 psi in front 20 in rear & i carry a full load in bags..0 gave a harsh ride

I'm not sure there is a baseline pressure to start from. It's more of a personal choice on whether you want a firm or soft ride. Personally, I run 30 psi on my Street Glide, but with the lowered suspension you can run up to 50 psi. I believe the EGs have a lower maximum pressure.

Never use a high pressure air hose to add air like the ones in the gas stations. You can do damage to the shock using one of those.

Best to get a shock hand pump with the no loss connection.

Thanks! I got the stock pump, sort of have a thing for tools... Like to have them, but lack experience to use them... Retired spine surgeon, so I know the meaning of attention to details...and don,t mess with things you don't know... How does the air vs fork oil work for the feeling/behaviour of the front suspension? Now the ride feels quite ok. The manual says max 25 psi for my Electra, -00, so I will not exceed that anyway.
WAP.gif

Back