free website stats program Barsnake? | Harley Davidson Forums

Barsnake?

MJHirsch

I was not sure where to post this so put it in the general section.

I've got a 2007 Nightster with mini apes that are internally wired.

In trying to cut down on vibration, I am planning to buy iso grips and saw mention of "Barsnake" that supposedly cuts a ton of vibration.

Per their website, I need to use their liquid version to deal with my mini apes and internal wiring.

First, does the Barsnake actually work?
Second, has anyone used their liquid version? If so, have you dealt with internal wiring?

I'd rather be sure it works before spending $50 on it.

Thank you.

I was not sure where to post this so put it in the general section.

I've got a 2007 Nightster with mini apes that are internally wired.

In trying to cut down on vibration, I am planning to buy iso grips and saw mention of "Barsnake" that supposedly cuts a ton of vibration.

Per their website, I need to use their liquid version to deal with my mini apes and internal wiring.

First, does the Barsnake actually work?
Second, has anyone used their liquid version? If so, have you dealt with internal wiring?

I'd rather be sure it works before spending $50 on it.

Thank you.

I haven't seen their liquid version, but the original version helped on a friends 93 softail. I have had other friends tape all the holes and fill the bars with RTV and this also helped.

In the past i have used bar end weights that did help to dampen vibration in the bars and i do not see why internal weight of some kind would not also help dampen vibration

Brian

I had a barsnake in my '87 Sportster, and it helped noticeably. A roll of nickels will fit inside the bar ends, and only costs $2 per side. Tip, the paper needs a plastic tape overlay. :D

I would think twice before I put liqued anything into your handle bars. Electricity and liqued just doesn't mix. Just my thoughts. Also RTV in the bars would be a real pain should you need to remove the wires for any reason.

I have been told, and actually rode one bike that had billet grips on it. the extra weight dampens the vibes alot. the iso grips are to lightweight. I would not fill the bars with RTV. as for the liguid barsnake, same problem, you will never get the wires out if there is aservice need. the stuff dont stay liquid, it sets up just like RTV.
get rolls of nickels, or have a machineshop make you some lead slugs to slip in the end of the bars, works great on sportbikes, should work on your HD just fine.
Brian

Back