free website stats program Baker 6 speed in 03 Heritage Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Baker 6 speed in 03 Heritage Classic

Acbaker64

I have just completed 1500 miles on a new Baker DD6 on a stock 03 Heritage and report the following: great tranny, smooth, quiet. Runs well in 6th over 70 mph. Great buy with 5 yr 50k warranty!

The DD6 is a direct drive transmission did you add the larger compensating sprocket to get the lower RPM in 6th?

It is a bolt in transmission, no mods required. I did not do the work, I have a great Indy shop. I went with the 28 tooth to keep 1 thru 5 the same. The bike will accelerate well in 6th over 70 mph. Slight increase in gas mileage when highway driving, no change around town.

It is a bolt in transmission, no mods required. I did not do the work, I have a great Indy shop. I went with the 28 tooth to keep 1 thru 5 the same. The bike will accelerate well in 6th over 70 mph. Slight increase in gas mileage when highway driving, no change around town.

I have a 2005 Electra Glide, and had installed the Harley Davidson Screaming Eagle 6 speed. No modes at all. I installed the kit. Use the same tranny case just install new guts. Works great. Really tell a difference on the highway. I use to curse 70 mph at close to 3000 rpm. Now it is 80 at almost 3000 rpm.

Back