free website stats program Bagger Upgrades Over The years | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger Upgrades Over The years

Rod Stewart

So I am thinking to upgrade my Florida ride ('97 Road King Classic) to something a little newer, but not necessarily new.
I would like to stay with the Road King, and I figure it should be at least an '07 as this would get me into the TC-96 engine, 6 speed tranny, and the newer hydraulic cam tensioner setup.
But it won't have cats, or CO2 sensors in the exhaust or any of that stuff yet. I would like to avoid all that if I can.

Any other thoughts on this? Have I got the important stuff nailed?

Thanks,
Rod

'07 have the O2 sensors. '06 and earlier don't have them. Not sure what year the cats were put in the mufflers,but last year was "09 I think.
tourbox

As far as the o2 sensors go you can get a certain TFI and bypass them. Bike will run cooler and perform better. I believe 2010 is when they put cats in the non CA bikes. 08 was the first year for TBW and 09 was the year for the new frame.

2010 Ultra was Kitty-less. Was a left over and pretty much stole it. Took me all of about 2 minutes to get over it. Went for a ride with a buddy that has a 2012 EG standard. 103 engine and he dumped major bucks into de-catting it. Off the light, was about even with me,but never closed an inch of distance. Pretty happy with my 96. (V&H slips, SE high flow intake, and Dolbeck TFI). Probably about it for the foreseeable future. :bigsmiley12:

As far as the o2 sensors go you can get a certain TFI and bypass them. Bike will run cooler and perform better. I believe 2010 is when they put cats in the non CA bikes. 08 was the first year for TBW and 09 was the year for the new frame.

Joe; You lost me on TBW. Can you explain please?

Thanks,
Rod

Thanks for the TBW explanation. I thought that might be what it was.
So I am guessing that would be the same year that they eliminated carbed bikes altogether and went straight EFI?

Rod

I believe that the touring bikes went all EFI in 2005. They still had cables.

Back