free website stats program Bagger Cams | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger Cams

Dak47

Hey All,
I decided to check my cam tensioner shoes this winter on my '03 FLTRI and glad I did. Was just going to do the cam plate upgrade but then said screw it and yarded out the motor to put in my 103" kit I've had in the shop for 3yrs.

The motor will run flat tops and the SE 103 heads that came out at 93cc's, the bike is 2 up and loaded down quite a bit and our roads around here are curvy and in the mountains...

I'm down to a couple of choices, the Woods TW-6 or RedShift 575TC? They both come in in the low 170's ccp at 1200' with .030 head gaskets. Any thoughts on those 2 choices for a bike that tours alot and has to suffer thru some (EDIT) methanol fuel in the states, oh ya - I had comp releases machined in the new heads. TIA

Cheers,
Dirk

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• DSC02507.JPG
    DSC02507.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02505.JPG
    DSC02505.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
How many miles on those shoes? What oil do you use or have used? Just curious.

thx,

Bodeen

Sounds like a nice build,have you talked to the guys at Zippers and here there thoughts one your build with the redshift 575, and as always the Andrews cams with Bob Woods grinds are good choice and very popular.

Do you have the specks for the 2 cams, The Intake Close on each is what I wanted to look at.....the Woods TW-6 and RedShift 575TC

The "lower" number on Intake-closing tells me it will be a lower RPM type cams.. So list them if you know please... And the Lift of each would be nice..

Where do they say the cam's com'n at? and what RPM do You like to run motor at..?

thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Boy that is the second time I've seen Lucky to get Caught shoes..

How many miles on those shoes? What oil do you use or have used? Just curious.

thx,

Bodeen

Bought the bike 3 seasons ago with 1K(600M) and pulled her apart with 50K(30,000M) Run Amsoil Syn

Sounds like a nice build,have you talked to the guys at Zippers and here there thoughts one your build with the redshift 575, and as always the Andrews cams with Bob Woods grinds are good choice and very popular.

Waiting for another return e-mail..............

Do you have the specks for the 2 cams, The Intake Close on each is what I wanted to look at.....the Woods TW-6 and RedShift 575TC

The "lower" number on Intake-closing tells me it will be a lower RPM type cams.. So list them if you know please... And the Lift of each would be nice..

Where do they say the cam's com'n at? and what RPM do You like to run motor at..?

thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Boy that is the second time I've seen Lucky to get Caught shoes..

Intake close on the RedShift 575 = 43* lift = .557
Intake close on the Wood's TW-6 = 40* lift = .510

Cheers,
Dirk

Waiting for another return e-mail..............

Intake close on the RedShift 575 = 43* lift = .557
Intake close on the Wood's TW-6 = 40* lift = .510

Cheers,
Dirk

I think both of those choices are going to be too soft on the bottom. A better choice would be the Woods TW 5-6. It is available as a conversion cam, using the new style hydraulic tennsioners.
TW-5-6 R 17/37
39/15 234
234 .575
.575 .174

HI-LIFT
Special High Torque - Low RPM for Two-Up Riding

06-10cams

According to the Big Boyz Calculator this should give you a CCC of 179.5 at sea level.The should make a great choice IMO.

Randall

I run the Woods TW6 in my EFI EVO and TW6-6 in my 96. I have been very happy with these cams in both bikes and each bike has different manners with these cams. The EVO ran better everywhere and has a more linier pull to it, the 96 gets to 2500 then really hauls the mail now, under 2500 is not where this cam likes to run/cruise in.

IMO if your not doing head work the SE255 is the better cam. If your getting into the heads maybe the SE266
As for comparing never even mention an EVO and TC in the same thread.
EVO was a different monster. The evo engine was all about head work. If you wanted to make an EVO run you needed cams and head work.
Cams do not make as much of a difference in aTC as they did in an EVO.
TC engine jugs make a huge difference were as in an EVo they did not.

The SE 255 isn't available for the older TC motors, it is only for the 07 and up models.
Here is a link to a dyno on an 03 103 with a Woods TW5-6. It makes 120+ of torque and 108 hp. It hits 100 ftlbs of torque at 2500 rpm.:D
2003 FXD 103 C.I.

Randall

Back