free website stats program bag suggestions | Harley Davidson Forums

bag suggestions

hogtyd

Has anyone attempted to put saddle bags on a 07 lowrider? I tried to put a set of saddleman drifter bags on mine and it was a dismal failure!! Any one have any experience with this problem? any suggetions? I am looking for a small set of throw overs that I can just put my lunch and rain gear in. Nothing real big or over powering. I took the salesman's advise at the dealership on the saddleman bags and it didn't work. Now he is going to get them back. Thanks in advance for any help.

Think about saddlebag supports and possible turn signal relocation for a better fit

You'll need slanted bags, measure between t/sig. and shock for proper length. My first set for my '06 s. glide was a cheap set for a weekend trip. If you want bigger (longer) bags you will need t/sig. relocate from HD.

Has anyone attempted to put saddle bags on a 07 lowrider? I tried to put a set of saddleman drifter bags on mine and it was a dismal failure!! Any one have any experience with this problem? any suggetions? I am looking for a small set of throw overs that I can just put my lunch and rain gear in. Nothing real big or over powering. I took the salesman's advise at the dealership on the saddleman bags and it didn't work. Now he is going to get them back. Thanks in advance for any help.

Contact Leatherworks. They have great products and can set you up with several nice options.

As Harleypr says, Leatherworks is a good maker, I have Leatherneck Jims and they work great as well...look here for others and compare application and fit for your needs. You will need slanted bags, maybe even smaller than normal.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/chassis_suspension_and_front_end/5895-motorcycle_luggage.html

2004SportsterXL1200R9-9-09-1.jpg

I just bought a set of the bag supports from JP Cycle for my 1995 FXDL. Hopefully they are as good as the Harley version. I was also wondering if the lights would need to be relocated when I look into saddlebags.

The bag supports should be good quality, The lights may need to be relocated depends on how the supports mount and the size and slant or design of the bags, J and P has good 800 tech support

Back