free website stats program baffling | Harley Davidson Forums

baffling

Redman

I have a pair of rush slip ons with 2.0 baffles and I recently started hearing a metal on metal sound...like a loose or weak baffle out of my right tailpipe I checked the set screw on the bottom of pipe and it was solid. If I were at idle and gave it throttle it would sound fine on the way "up" and then on decel it would sound like I described. Not all the time but just enough to make me curios. :unsure

You will need to pull baffle out and expand front flange slightly to tighten baffle up. I know I had 1.75 and mine did the same thing. You may need to repack baffle due to material will be burnt up.

what kind of material would i repack with...thanks for the info I suspected it may be this...sounds easy enough:small3d028:

It is easy so long the baffle cooperates when set screw removed. Clamp a large pair of vice grip on the cross bar at end of baffle and while twisting pull at the same time. If uncooperative the muffler may need to be removes and baffle taped out from front of muffler with broom handle etc. Its advisable to repack both mufflers.
Heres some info that may help: Your Search Result - Harley Davidson Community

Back