free website stats program Bad, sticking Throttle control sensor. | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad, sticking Throttle control sensor.

Mongo1958

Hey guys,

My 2009 96 Ci ultra has a sticking throttle control sensor.
I removed the throttle handle and right hand control and break handle
to verify if it was the sensor. Sadly it is. The part will cost about $115.
I have removed the outer farring before but have never removed the switch panel before.

So, if anyone knows the correct procedure and direct me to the right path would be appreciated.
Thanks
WAP.gif

I have been going through the searched postings and I think I have the Rocker Switch panel removal sorted. Just need to get the part. I will DBBL check the Maintenance Manual too.

I could just put it back together and live with it but with my luck, I get stranded 200 miles away from home.

Mongo,

I can't be of any help here.

I took my 09 King to the HD shop to have them put on my new Grips... I am Definitely afraid of that type of work on the RIGHT side... :small3d023:

Maybe a call to your local HD shop? The parts guy should (might) be able to Direct you IF you don't hear from one of Our Experts here...:rofl

signed....BUBBIE

I did go to the dealer to buy the grip sensor and I asked the service manager. He confirmed that I need to remove outer faring, not the rocker switch panel.
I'm reading the service manual, guess that I should have stared there, and it says the same thing.
WAP.gif

Took the weekend off to install the new grip sensor as well perfoming general maintenance and wouldn't you know it, I had a bad back spasim last night.
I took some ibuprofen and I'm feeling better. Relaxing and reading the procedure in the maint manual.
WAP.gif

Good luck, take your time and let us know how it goes.

Ta Da :) ! I'm done. Got the new grip sensor installed and everything put back together. Did the on/ off thing 4 times fo 3 seconds each time per the manual. Cranked it up and ran the engine up to 1.5k with out any issues. I will do a test run after a shower.
It was very easy!

Back