free website stats program Backing plate for SE air kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Backing plate for SE air kit

singer68

I just installed a SE air kit on my 2006 Street Glide and I don't know if it's just me but when I put my stock air cover back on I can see the posts that bolts on to the bike and I think it's an eye sore! the silver post don't match anything! and to me it's all i see now. any suggestions???

I have some silver metal tape used for air conditioning. I cut 2 small pieces to cover the exposed silver flange. It sorta looks like chrome. Nobody but you looks that close.

Harley sells both black and chrome replacments, I had mine powdercoated
to match the engine for $15 bucks. I believe the part numbers are 29624-08 for chrome
and 29319-08 for wrinkle black. It would be nice if you could order the kit with
the one you want right off the bat. This way HD gets more $ out of us.

Harley sells both black and chrome replacments, I had mine powdercoated
to match the engine for $15 bucks. I believe the part numbers are 29624-08 for chrome
and 29319-08 for wrinkle black. It would be nice if you could order the kit with
the one you want right off the bat. This way HD gets more $ out of us.
Wow! you are right! sucks that they do that, I painted it black myself and it looks great. I would have preferred it to chrome, but I don't want to give up $50 extra bucks for on. thanks for the info!

Back