free website stats program Back tire replacement | Harley Davidson Forums

Back tire replacement

rebels1

Weekend before last ,I had a flat on the Streetbob and being where I was located at the time went to Eastern Shore Harley Davidson in Daphne Alabama . Well to make a long story short ,got home and noticed the Tech had put stick on weights on MY CHROME wheel (on the lip) ,you know the kind that the people put on car and truck wheels . To say the least I am rather up set (very , to put it nice.) I have had several rear tires replaced ,and not once have I had this done before . I am SO.........PERTURBED I can not see straight . Can anyone tell me why this was done ,outside of being just lazy ?????? I have tire and wheel coverage and in the past the weights were placed on the spokes . Someone please explain !!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!

Are you saying you have laced wheels or 9 spoke? How much weight are you talking about.

Hind-sight being 20/20!!!

I have always Asked what type of weights Are used when an "unknown" wheel tire place is used ...

I have found this out the hard way Also...

If you Call and Talk with the shop manager of the service dept. ( be Cool and anger free!) and explain you wanted the other type of weights, they will probably replace them with other type if they have them.

If not, another shop You Know that uses the style you want should be able to re-do the problem for a minimal cost.. The balance is already there and the weight just needs to be moved to the location and style you want...

signed....BUBBIE

I can understand being upset if,,,

There were weights on the spokes (laced wheels) when you brought in the bike. He removed them and installed "stick on" weights instead. Keeping your spoke weight, yes I would be upset.

But if there were No weights on the rims to start with, I would just convert them like Bubbie suggests and would not sweat it..

Are you saying you have laced wheels or 9 spoke? How much weight are you talking about.

I can understand being upset if,,,

There were weights on the spokes (laced wheels) when you brought in the bike. He removed them and installed "stick on" weights instead. Keeping your spoke weight, yes I would be upset.

But if there were No weights on the rims to start with, I would just convert them like Bubbie suggests and would not sweat it..

yes there were spoke weights on the wheel when I bought the bike (new ),think i better take it to pensacola harley and see if they can move the weights without them taking off the wheel and me having to pay big $$$ .That will prob keep me outa jail and from choking the life out of someone IMG00040-20100526-1924.jpg

In April 2008 Harley started using stick on weights on their lace wheels, a lot of dealers are following suite, they should have asked you what type of weights you wanted before doing the wheel, Harley makes chrome weights for the spoke that look good and it's also a chance for the service department to up sell, surprized they missed the chance. As upset as you sound, I would call the dealers service manager and explain, I bet they would be glad to install the pricey chrome weights for free, customer sadifaction you know:) Here's a copy of the bulletin that Harley sent out in 08 to their dealers. Good luck. View attachment Running Change to Wheel Weight.pdf

Hey Richard that's Cool.. It's just nice to see when your around. I ready for another campfire story.. :p

Back