free website stats program Back on Here | Harley Davidson Forums

Back on Here

Steve9

Hi All,
Been off here a couple years.............life.
Just picked up an '03 Sportster with flat-tracker livery.
NRHS 1250 kit, dyna-tech nosecone ignition, mikuni 42mm flat-slide carb.
Has 27k on clock, seems honest as the bike is in good shape.

I was wondering if anyone has done lithium ion batteries in that bike, opinions and what CCA to buy?

Thanks!
Steve

Attachments

• XR.JPG
    XR.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 6
Welcome back ! My Son used a lithium on His bike lasted 3 years,then dead.No warning with lithium battery,just dead.Better off with AGM and cheaper.

I penned a longer than necessary reply with some of my reasoning and logic for changing over to Li batteries in two of my three bikes but after reading it, decided to post a link that was better than any reply I could come up with for converting from lead acid to Li in two of my three bikes. I would guess that the OPs Sporty would need an Li battery with a CCA rating of at least 450.

https://www.motorcycle.com/products/lithium-motorcycle-batteries-myths-vs-realities

Last edited:
I penned a longer than necessary reply with some of my reasoning and logic for changing over to Li batteries in two of my three bikes but after reading it, decided to post a link that was better than any reply I could come up with for converting from lead acid to Li in two of my three bikes. I would guess that the OPs Sporty would need an Li battery with a CCA rating of at least 450.

https://www.motorcycle.com/products/lithium-motorcycle-batteries-myths-vs-realities
Thanks Dolt. That was my mainmost question

I can't imagine staying with the heavy, old lead batteries when lighter, smaller stuff is available

I have a notion to see about mounting the battery under the seat somehow-another advantage the li/ion units may be turned anywhich way.

Fabricate an oil tank further back under the seat.
I like when the space occupied by the oil tank is open. Like the look

Steve

Back