free website stats program Back Lower Trunk Pushbutton Tough To Use. | Harley Davidson Forums

Back Lower Trunk Pushbutton Tough To Use.

Hawgit

Hey all. I got another problem with my 2013 Tri-Glide.
The back lower trunk pushbutton is getting worse on opening the trunk. When I first got it, it was hard to push, but the trunk would open. Every day it gets tougher to open or lock it. Last night I had a doggy bag of fried fish from the local restaurant. It was tough getting it open to place the fish inside. When I got home, I could not get it open. After about an hour of messing with it, it finally opened. That would have been a stinking mess!
Is there an adjustment? Or possibly lube it up?

Check your owners manual first for lubrication, if you cannot find what you need I would swing in to the local dealer and have them take a look, this maybe a warranty issue:s

I'm with Jack...try a lubricant first. Im not picky so I'd hit it with PB.....you may want to try a dry silicon or graphite, hit the body and the lock...work it a few times and see what happens. I do t recall any adjustment on my bags or tour pack on the dresser.

Also....make sure nothing is interfering with the operation of the lock....as i trunk liner, etc.
WAP.gif

HD11FLHXXX057.gif
Here is a picture of an 011 set up, I would lube ALL moving parts as part of normal maintenance , I understand they have had seal problems with the trunks already

Back