free website stats program Auxillary Lights & High Beam | Harley Davidson Forums

Auxillary Lights & High Beam

mc2

Contributor
To keep the auxiliary lights on with the high beam, I bought the $32 clip from HD (for both my 08 & 98 Fat Boys ($64 total), which do not have a front fender light). The 08 was an easy plug in, but the 98 didn't match. The HD mechanic told me to cut and splice the clip to make it fit; Whooaaa! Chop up my $32 clip!
I got my money back and spent $6 on spade connectors (and an inline fuse that the mechanic said wasn't necessary, but a cheap precaution).

Under the gas tank, an orange/white wire for that front fender light is in the plug for the head lights. I picked it out of the plug, spliced into it, and plugged into my toggle for the auxiliary lights. All is good.

May you pass your states safety inspection when due. In Pa. when high beam goes on all auxiliary white lights need to go off.

In Cali, I believe they are not allowing this as I heard from a pal of mine there. Can someone confirm this?
Think about it. All manufactured vehicles for U.S. have the auxiliary white lights go off upon applying high beam. It not that it can not be done as mc2 has explained what he has done. Which is why I asked the question about passing state safety inspection.

I have a 2010 FLHTC that I bought as a salvage and the passing lamps stay on when the brights are on. Could someone point me in the right direction on what to do and where the solution lies?

I did the same thing with the orange wire with white stripe, however, I wired hampered it over to my "aux" switch. Now, I have complete control of when my passing lights are on or off. On a motorcycle, you need your passing/fog lights when your main beam is on high in order to see what is close up. Makes a world of difference to have main beam on high and passing/fog lights at same time. When I want the passing/fog off, I just flip my aux switch. No problems with inspection or hitting that deer/turtle.

Back