free website stats program Aux Radio Input | Harley Davidson Forums

Aux Radio Input

Boomer501

I have a zumo 550 and an ipod that i play thru the aux input on the front of my HK radio on 09 UC. The zumo also is an MP3 player as well. Whatever device I play, I only get sound out the left front and rear speakers, nothing on the right side. All other radio functions play just find on both sides. I suspect its something simple, but am at a loss. Saw a lot of ipod threads, but nothing on my problem. Suggestions pls.

There could be a separate balance contoll for the input jack would be my guess, have you tried to take the radio back to factory default settings?

could also be:

(A) the input jack.
Tip=right
Ring=left
Sleeve=common
or/
Tip=left
Ring=right
Sleeve=common
I've had cases where the spacing between the tip and ring caused issues as you have described.

or also could be:
(B) the input jack receptacle
I've seen cases where the contacts inside the receptcal have been bent slightly causing issues as you have described.

Since you've stated that it occurs with 2 devices that you've connected, I suspect that your problem might be as described in (B).

Solution: You have to get to the back of the input jack receptacle to observe what's going on in there. That may or may not be an easy task to accomplish.

Hope these ramblings are of some help to you. cheers & beers, lips

Had a similar issue once, it was the cable in my case. I would try another cable then have the radio aux input checked out.

Definately check the cable you are using. I have found that they come in different sizes. One is 1/8 inch plug and others are 3mm. Not sure which is correct but, had the wrong one on mine and got alot of static from poor connection. Good luck.

Had the same problem, the cord I was using was mono, change the cord to stero you can get it at radio shack.

Thanks to all for the great info. I swapped out the cable and it instantly corrected my problem. I had no idea there was a mono and a stereo cable. It is really nice to be able to ask dumb questions and still get so many folks willing to help!

Back