free website stats program Aux Input | Harley Davidson Forums

Aux Input

I would like to connect my Zumo 550 into my radio some how other than into the AUX Input. I would rather have the connection in the fairing as I've got a painted inner fairing coming. I don't want the cable going across the inner fairing. Is there a way to connect the Zumo to the back of the radio and have it function as it does connected to the AUX Input?
Thanks

I would like to connect my Zumo 550 into my radio some how other than into the AUX Input. I would rather have the connection in the fairing as I've got a painted inner fairing coming. I don't want the cable going across the inner fairing. Is there a way to connect the Zumo to the back of the radio and have it function as it does connected to the AUX Input?
Thanks

Not on my bike ('03 UC). There are no aux. plug ports in the back (would this actually be the front?) of my radio, but I am not sure about the newer models. You will have to take off your outer fairing and see. I have run my satellite radio wire out the bottom of the radio opening and doubled it back to the aux port on the face of the radio. See below.

TQ

Attachments

• Sirius Radio 3.jpg
    Sirius Radio 3.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 477
Mine is ran similar to the above, except I ran the wire under the switch plate. I've been planning on getting a 90 degree jack so it won't stick out so much.

I have read where you can add an aux input to the back of the radio but it's quite involved. Not sure I want to go into my radio with a soldering iron.

If your interested in attempting that, I'll try and find where I read it for you.
:USA

Attachments

• DSC01951.JPG
    DSC01951.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 136
That is exactly like David, a friend of mine, has his run. He showed to me today so I when I got home this afternoon, I ran mine like that. I already have the 90* ends. Looks much better but I still may do something different.
Thanks to all that responded.

Hi guys,
I found that my MP3 player is much softer into the Aux plug. i can crank up the MP3 volume but it is close to flat out before I get it to an acceptable level through the radio.

Is anyone else haveing this problem or is it my dodgy MP3 player.

Neil

Hi Netwillo; I had the same problem. Search threads for "ipod question" with me as originator. Roadglider's reply helped my volume problem a lot.

call or look up CycleGadgets.com they sell a product from kennedy technolgies that allows you to interface with the intercom with out the aux input so u can still enjoy your tunes and use cb intercom etc. you can even use you cell phone through the headset from your bluetoothe connection on the zumo 550 i have it on my 08 uc and a buddy on his 09 uc works great.

Back