free website stats program At the dealer | Harley Davidson Forums

At the dealer

ultradoc

My local dealership called and said a part that I had ordered came in. I rode out and while waiting for them to find the part I was drooling over the new Ultras. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a salesman come over. Oh boy, here we go I thought to myself. He made small talk and told me about the new Ultras and asked if I wanted to take anything out for a ride and also asked what I rode. I told him a 2000 Ultra which I was very pleased with. But one problem I was having. I told him that sometimes I will look for that phanton gear. He chuckled and asked if there were any other problems. I told him no and I was completely happy with mine. I know he was doing his job by trying to sell a bike and he wasn't even that pushy.:D

That is a good salesman. Some of them will not even speak if you are not going to buy a bike.

Good salespeople realize that descretionary income is very small right now. Even with insentive plans people are hanging on to their money tighter. A good salesperson is always trying to cultavate new clientele. By talking to people and listening to what they say you can get a feel if they are ready to buy or may be in the near future. If nothing else you make a friend who will come back to the dealership and may tell a friend where to go and which salesperson to talk to.

I bought my bike at Cartersville HD in north Georgia and anytime I've been in there the salesmen have been real friendly and willing to engage in small talk, even when it's obvious you're not in the market for a new bike.

Dr Doolittle i've been in cartersville quite a few times they are friendly. I bought my 04 flhti at atlanta hd and my 10' at cheaha they are friendly too. gotta take her friday morning for first service. i called cartersville they were little too high on 1st service dummy me didn't think to negotiate it in with deal.

Back